What is the PAL Card
The PAL Card (Powered Access Licence) is recognised worldwide across industries as proof of platform operator training to the highest standard. It is issued by the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) to platform operators who successfully complete a training course with IPAF Approved Trainers.
How to get a PAL Card
Training is provided by Blulift who have IPAF Approved Trainers.
Who needs a PAL Card
If you need to work at height and use access equipment you will need to receive basic training.
In addition to your main job, e.g. electrician, painter, decorator, cleaner, you will acquire a new skill.
Platforms are designed to be easy to use and offer a safe way to work at height, but with basic training you will use the equipment more effectively and safely.
If you are an employer:
- You can be sure that legal requirements have been fulfilled if your platform operators have the PAL Card.
- Most legislation, covering health and safety obligations, accident prevention and work at height regulations, require you to provide employees with proper and adequate training in the use of work equipment.
- IPAF training to the highest standards means that your platform operators will also work more efficiently and productively.
The PAL Card is valid for five years. It shows the date on which you completed training and the expiry date when re-training would be needed.
It shows the types of equipment that the holder has been trained to operate.
It shows the level to which the holder has been trained, e.g. operator, demonstrator and instructor.
It has security features including a holographic logo and the holder’s photograph and signature to prevent mis-use.
Growing international acceptance
The PAL Card is accepted and recognised as proof of platform operator training in many countries. Some examples are:
- UK Contractors Group
- Scaffold Industry Association in the USA
- Berufsgenossenschaften in Germany
- Assodimi in Italy
- Asociace ZZ-CR in the Czech Republic
Please contact us on 1890 500 900 for full details or email email@example.com with your enquiries