Be Wise At Height 2013 Seminar Series
Wednesday 29th May, 9am to 4pm
“MEWP Thorough examination / inspection and certification requirements”
Blulift in conjunction with the HSA have teamed up to deliver a one day seminar on MEWP thorough examination and certification. This seminar is a must for Safety Managers and those responsible for MEWP hire and maintenance within organisations.
The seminar will include using PUWER / LOLER / service manuals and machine files and also cover advanced planning of maintenance and service bulletins.
- Michael McDonagh of the HSA
- Lee Simmonds Chairperson of IPAF’s CAP Committee
9:30 Introduction- Pat Brown, Blulift Safety & Training Manager
9:45 Current Legislation and Regulatory requirements- Michael McDonagh, HSA
11:00 Thorough Examination, – Lee Simmonds, IPAF CAP committee chairperson
- Legislation, correct usage of PUWER and LOLER,
- Sourcing technical information, planning and competence.
- Example of questions being addressed
- What does a thorough examination consist of?
- What does an inspection consist of?
- Are tools and measuring devices needed?
- How long does it take?
- Do I need a specified area?
- Do I have to put a machine up to full height to test it?
- What other checks need to be undertaken in addition to the examination?
12:30 Lunch (Provided)
13.15 Defect reporting and categorisation and Legal requirements (points needed to make it legally
- Defect reporting to Authorities
- Recording of information
15.00 Exam time (Optional, but why not give it a go!!!)
15:30 Questions and answers
Venue: Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Co. Limerick. Places must be pre-booked.
To reserve your place email Aoife Ryan on email@example.com or call 1890 500 900